Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Online Experience

I must say the online approach to learning works for me. Once I figured out how to negotiate the system which, for me, was no easy feat, I found myself compelled to read other blogs. I liked reading different points of view and appreciated doing so at my own pace. Although I don't know most of my classmates, I feel like I have a good handle on what and how they think. In some ways, blogging has made the experience more intimate than attending class, not less so.
While I wasn't able to get my powerpoint project up and running in a movie format, I consider it a victory that I was able to create a powerpoint at all. Trying different things--moving out of my comfort zone--is what teachers need to do and what they should be asking their students to do. All in all, it worked well for me.

1 comment:

Prof. Bachenheimer said...

I'm glad it has been valuable for you!